This morning, I flew out of bed when I suddenly remembered that I had been to the craft store last night.
The past few weeks, I’ve been “mid-project” in several things with no supplies to finish them…
Well, for me, a craft store is quite a commitment. 50 miles, that is.
Round trip for me to get to Hobby Lobby takes about an hour of driving. Sure, I could order supplies online, I suppose, but sometimes it’s just fun to walk the aisles of an actual store.
On top of the projects I need to finish, I also have that craft fair coming up in October. Honestly, I had zero ideas about what to make for it.
All these questions crossed my mind:
- Should I make the same things? I’ve done 3 local shows and it’s a small town.
- Should I change my colors? I love turquoise and pink.
- Should I find redo’s to make over or buy new stuff?
- Should I follow my heart? Or follow the market?
Here’s what I decided:
- I’m going to make the same sort of things, but with some added variations.
- I am going to add some colors in to my turquoise and pinks. Like, browns, greens, and oranges.
- Yes on redo’s. (I already have some and I’m bidding on a few others.) Yes on buying some art to make. I got lots of paper mache and some wood products last night.
- Heart or market? Hmm. Both. Super unique things may appeal to some people, but super unique things that fit in a trend may catch more eyes.
I’m super excited to start making stuff again. I want to show you what I got.
Fifty smifty! Completely worth the miles. Ha ha. I did end up ordering a couple of things online this morning that I didn’t see last night. When they get here, I’ll show you those, too.
Hope you have a great Saturday!