Want to try making jewelry art?
I thought of a fun and easy project for us to do to start making jewelry art.
- paper, sketch pads work well
- glue, tacky glues work well
- beads- any shapes and sizes
(Feeling a need to mention that beads can be choking hazards, so watch out for that around kids and babies.)
With your glue bottle, use it like a pencil while squeezing out the glue, and write the letter I in glue on the blank paper.
Fill in the glue on the word I with beads.
Underneath the I write can in glue.
Fill in the glue on the word can with beads.
Underneath the word can write the word do in glue.
Fill in the glue on the word do with beads.
Underneath the word do write the word this in glue.
Fill in the glue on the word this with beads.
When you’re finished, it will look something like this. Our handwriting and our beads will be different, of course, but it will say: I can do this.
And, you can, do jewelry art! It just takes starting and practice.
Now, all we need to do is let the glue dry.
Why did I start this with letters?
- being able to write letters in glue takes some practice
- the more we write them, the better we can get
- being able to use jeweled words in art projects is fun
- jeweled words can make really unique gifts- think someone’s name for their birthday or wedding gift
- the better we get with the glue bottle, the more we can do in jewelry art
- ‘I can do it this’ is a fun confidence booster
I hope you enjoy this project. In Part 2, we’ll talk about shapes.
Thank you for being here!!