Carissa at Humbly Homemade and I are having a gift swap! I finally got her piece done (about 5 minutes ago) and I want to show it to you, with a little how-to, in case you’re wondering how to do something similar.
- Choose canvas size: I used 8×10
- Choose horizontal or vertical: I chose horizontal
- Paint the canvas: I chose green because it feels earthy and grounded
- Choose jewelry pieces to create a letter: I chose pieces from 2 different statement necklaces
- Glue the pieces on: I use a nontoxic white craft glue
- Add other jewelry elements if you’d like: I added a butterfly made from statement necklace pieces for wings and the body is part of a rhinestone bracelet
- Add other embellishments: I added words and glued them on
- Add trim or flowers if you’d like: I was looking for a layered look, so I piled on the sunflowers. I used hot glue for them.
Here’s the final piece:
I think it’s very sweet.
My goals for it were something garden-y, personable, layered, flowery, and joy filled. I hope when she sees it, it brightens its space, wherever it’s placed.
This is the 2nd blogger gift swap I’ve done. Super fun!
Thanks for reading!
© COPYRIGHT 2022 Jeweled Again By Jessica
** photos taken by me